An Oculus Rift/Rift S experiment testing a system designed to help people memorise Japanese words. The experiment is designed to test how well variants of the system help people learn.
What is involved?
- You will be asked to listen to some Japanese words and asked if you know the meaning
- You will then be put into the VR learning environment where you will spend 15 minutes attempting to learn 20 Japanese words
- You will listen to the same Japanese words and be asked if you remember their meaning
- You will be asked to fill in a questionnaire about your experience
How do I get started?
Please click the link to the project below. A zip file will be downloaded. Unzip this and run the experiment – all questions are built in.
We ask that you:
- Do not speak Japanese or have a very low level of Japanese understanding
- Speak English to a near-native or fluent level
- Have an Oculus Rift system
- Have a block of 45 minutes to dedicate to the experiment
Medium (20 - 44 mins)
Participants are uncompensatedJoin study