What is the study about?
We’re interested in how people respond to workplaces – the feeling you get about an organization based on seeing their workplace.
This is part of my PhD dissertation, researching nonverbal and physical influences on organizations. Academic website here for more about me (PhD student at Stanford).
The research experience is available on SteamVR and Oculus Go.
- The research scenario is that you have been offered an entry-level job at ‘Clark Corp’, a fictional technology company.
- You are shown the office you would work in if you join Clark Corp, from the vantage point of the actual workstation you would be assigned if you choose to accept their offer.
- If you participate in the study, you will be asked to complete an 8-minute survey.
- We will send all study participants a $6 Amazon gift card.
How can I get involved?
- To try out the office experience, download the SteamVR version below or use the sign up form to get a code for the Oculus Go version.
- To join the study, please sign up here
- We may then invite you to take the survey (there are some exclusion criteria that we can’t reveal).
- We will send study participants a $6 Amazon gift card for their time (less than 15 minutes).
- Download installer for SteamVR version here
Please note: only US-based adults are eligible for the study, but anyone can try out the app!
Only US-based adults are eligible for the study, but anyone can try out the app!
Medium (20 - 44 mins)
$6 Amazon gift cardJoin study